Sunday 23 November 2014

Paris weekend

I'm in Paris for the weekend - ALONE!  I'm in a friend's studio apartment. BY MYSELF.  I left DH alone with the kittens and the girls and a prayer. Oh, and a houseful of guests that he's pretty sure are mob related.  And he's allergic to the kittens. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world.  True, getting out of Bonvicino is not the easiest (for someone like me who doesn't like to drive) - driving our car that is truly on its last legs, an hour and a half at 5am to the train station in Turin.  I alternated between keeping the windows open and turning on some heat to try and balance freezing with the windshield which seems perpetually fogged. When I got to Turin, I gave up and just drove with my head out the window, like a dog.

But now I am here and it is pure heaven. Paris is in perfect fall weather.  Sunny skies, cool but not cold and I am totally totally alone.  Last night, as I heard neighbors going up and down the stairs, I had to remind myself that I wasn't at home and that it wasn't the sound of tiny feet running into my bedroom. Hard to get used to not being on edge thinking any minute someone is going to burst into the door in a dramatic fit of hysterics.

So while I am luxuriating in total privacy, DH is at home making pain au chocolat with the girls while braiding their dolls' hair. That is a super Papa.



Apparently he put them to work!

No comments: