Friday 2 August 2013

FRANKFURT

Things REALLY go downhill once we drive to Frankfurt. Traffic, heat, air conditioning in the car goes bust. Miss Pudding has a sniffle that turns into asthma. As soon as we arrive at the crappy hotel (in Frankfurt which is an armpit city!) – I am desperate to get the girls into A/C. We arrive at the hotel and I realize my wallet is missing. I last had it when we stopped along the auto route. I remember searching for 2 euros to buy the girls gummi bears. Now it is gone. I am less concerned about my driver’s license than about than my debit cards for USA, French and Italian banks as well as my Am Ex which, at least, is easy to cancel. Turns out the Best Western DOESN’T have A/C. Honestly, I’m not someone who looks for any amenitiess in a hotel, even A/C unless it is sweltering. Which it is. We don’t know what to do. We have prepaid for the room. They finally give us a room that is practically underground but does have A/C.

No comments: