Tuesday 13 March 2012

Doggie Diner

It is finally sunny out! Husband has the kids and I'm sitting in an outdoor cafe. There are two Jack Russells at the table next to me. Which is SO normal here, right? Not only that but the waiter comes up to hand them the bill (the owners, not the dogs) and the dogs lunge at him (luckily they are on leashes), barking and attempt to bite him. The waiter jumps back and then laughs and comments on how surprised he is that the dogs are yapping at him because he has owned Jack Russells and has such a good "rapport" with them generally. NO ONE seems miffed by the fact that the dogs have taken over that corner of the cafe. Or that they almost bit the waiter. It's a matter of course. I thought the waiter was going to apologize for upsetting the dogs!

What makes this so much more unbelievable to me is that when I take my kids to a cafe (which I do NOT since Bebe has been past baby stage), my kids are scowled at, and, if one of them dares drop a spoon on the floor I'm sure we are about to be kicked out.
That's the French. Bring your dogs, leave your kids at home.

No comments: